Saturday 14 April 2012

An Imaginary Fly Listens In..

a few snippets from the dialogue assembled by the curators of the Met exhibition. Parts of the dialogue will be included in the catalog and video installations throughout the show.  

A new show called, “Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada: Impossible Conversations,” looks at the two designers who certainly wouldn't argue.

ES: Many men admire strong women, but they do not love them. Some women have achieved a combination of strength and tenderness, but most of those who have wanted to walk alone have, in the course of the game, lost their happiness. 

MP: I’m interested in the lives of women in general, which is why I love aprons. The apron is a recurring theme in my work because it is symbolic of women’s sufferance. ... It’s an emblem of women’s despair, their poverty, their passions. I love drama and romance. It’s one of the reasons why I love antique jewelry — I like to live the lives of other women. 

 May 10–August 19, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment